Irvine Personal Injury Lawyer
When you get hurt and someone else was to blame, you deserve compensation for your losses and damages. Find out if you qualify for compensation and how much by consulting an Irvine personal injury lawyer.
If you have suffered a physical, mental, or emotional injury due to the actions or inactions of someone else, you have the option to file a personal injury lawsuit seeking financial compensation for your damages and losses.
While recovering is not easy, you should not have to bear the financial burden in addition to your pain. An Irvine personal injury lawyer from Dickson Kohan & Bablove, LLP can represent you and negotiate a comprehensive settlement on your behalf.
Personal Injury Accident Types
People often associate “personal injuries” with car accidents. While this is the most common type, it is certainly not the only one. Any time you suffer an injury in an accident and someone else was at fault, you may have grounds for a personal injury claim.
Your Irvine personal injury lawyer will have extensive experience litigating claims for a number of different accident types:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – Over 2 million people are injured in vehicle accidents annually. Whether you were hit by a passenger car, commercial truck, or motorcycle, we can represent you.
- Premises Liability – Property owners have a duty to keep the interior and surrounding area of their buildings in good repair. Failure to do so can make them liable for any falls or other injuries caused by property hazards.
- Construction Accidents – Construction workers must first file a workers compensation claim. However, if your injury was caused by a third party, involved malice, or your employer doesn’t carry workers compensation insurance, you can sue those responsible.
- Product Malfunctions – Any defective product can cause an injury. For example, toys made with lead paint or an electrical blanket that bursts into flames could both cause harm to consumers, creating an opportunity for you to file a product liability lawsuit against the manufacturer.
- Dog Bites – If a dog owner fails to control his or her pet or keep the canine leashed, you can sue for any resulting dog attack injuries.
- Boating Accidents – Boaters must follow safety laws. Distracted, drunk, and inexperienced boaters can all cause accidents and be held accountable for them.
Common Personal Injuries
Regardless of the severity of your injuries, if you had to seek medical care, you can file a lawsuit with the help of an Irvine personal injury lawyer. This is the basis for your personal injury claim, so it is critical that you continue to receive treatment until you are fully recovered.
Listed below are just a few of the injury types we see on a regular basis:
- Spine Injuries – Common in car crashes, back injuries can range from whiplash to a ruptured disc and more.
- Bone Fractures – Sometimes requiring surgery and long recovery times, bone fractures and breaks must be attended to immediately and may influence your ability to work.
- Organ Damage – If any of your internal organs are compromised because of your accident, it can create the need for long-term medical care. For example, exposure to asbestos is known to create asbestosis and lung cancer—two deadly conditions.
- Brain Injuries – A traumatic brain injury may not be immediately obvious, but it can make it difficult to process information, make decisions, deal with challenges, and handle things emotionally. Some victims even suffer amnesia and need to learn how to walk and speak all over again.
Receiving Financial Compensation
Your Irvine personal injury lawyer will work to get you as much money as possible for your injuries. This involves identifying all of the ways that your injuries have caused you financial loss and decreased your quality of life.
In addition to paying for medical bills, you may qualify for compensation for any of the following items that apply to your case:
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Medications, both over-the-counter and prescription
- Medical devices, such as wheelchairs or slings
- Wages lost due to taking time off from work
- Cost of retrofitting your home to accommodate a disability
- Pain and suffering
- Lost enjoyment of life
Speak with an Irvine Personal Injury Lawyer
A personal injury can destroy your finances and future wellbeing in addition to the physical harm you experience. Any offer made by an insurance company or opposing attorney is likely to be far less than you deserve, so it’s important to make sure you know what your claim is truly worth.
Get help with your case and protect your rights by speaking with an Irvine personal injury lawyer from Dickson Kohan & Bablove, LLP. You can arrange a time to meet for a free consultation by calling 1-844-404-2400 or by completing the contact form below.