Riverside Spine Injury Lawyer
Back injuries can be incredibly painful to experience and result in a lifelong recovery effort. While some accident victims are fortunate enough to recover after a year or two of treatment, many spinal injuries require intensive procedures, ongoing medical care, and physical therapy. This makes it crucial to maximize your potential settlement when someone else at fault for your injury.
If this is your current situation, contact a Riverside spine injury lawyer from Dickson, Kohan & Bablove, LLP to discuss your legal rights and the process for seeking compensation.
Spine Injuries Are Common
If you were in an accident and injured due to the negligence of someone else, you could have a personal injury case. A Riverside spine injury lawyer from our office can review the details of your accident and advise you on the best way to proceed.
A back injury could be sustained in a number of ways:
- Car Accidents – Whiplash, ruptured discs, and more are all common serious injuries experienced in car accidents. The person responsible for causing the crash should be held responsible.
- Workplace Accidents – Back injuries are so common at work, the US Department of Labor lists back injuries as the number one workplace safety problem in the country, with one million workers injured in this way annually.
- Slip and Fall – If you landed badly after a fall, you may have severely injured your back. In this case, the property owner could be held accountable for your accident and injuries in a premises liability lawsuit.
In any of these scenarios, we will need to gather enough evidence to prove that your spine was injured because of something someone else either did or failed to do.
Collecting Evidence for Your Spine Injury Claim
In order for your case to be successful, we need to gather enough evidence to prove the following points:
- How you were injured
- What caused your accident
- Where you were injured
- How the accident led to your injuries
- The full extent of your spinal injury
- How your injuries have impacted your life
- How the at-fault party was negligent
This evidence could consist of police accident reports, store incident reports, photographs, eyewitness testimony, and more. If you have any of this documentation, bring it with you when you speak with your Riverside spine injury lawyer at your free consultation. Otherwise, we can put our investigative resources to good use, gathering what is needed to develop your case.
Types of Spine Injuries
The degree of your spine injury will directly impact the level of medical care your recovery requires, whether you can continue working, and how long your rehabilitation will take. Since a back injury can range from a relatively minor case of whiplash to full paralysis, the best way to value your claim is to schedule a consultation with a Riverside spine injury lawyer from our firm.
Back injuries are many and varied:
- Ruptured discs
- Severed spinal cord
- Crushed or fractured vertebrae
Medical Expenses of Spine Injuries
You have the right to recover to the maximum extent possible. If this means you require spinal surgery—no matter how extensive or prolonged the procedures—you should have access to the treatment your back injury requires.
Unfortunately, insurance companies are often so focused on their profit margins that they refuse to pay for necessary medical procedures. If your doctor has recommended treatment and you are unable to receive it, call a Riverside spine injury lawyer at our firm.
Consider the Long-Term Impact of Your Back Injury
Your Riverside spine injury lawyer will work with your doctor to determine if and when you are likely to recover. You could be entitled to any expenses and damages suffered as a result of your accident:
- Medical bills, both current and future
- Medication expenses
- Funds to cover training or schooling for a new profession if your back injury prevents you from keeping your current job
- Lost wages and income
- Transportation expenses
- Home medical equipment such as wheelchairs and walkers
You must be careful to think about how your injury will impact you going forward before agreeing to settle. Otherwise, you may end up paying for your future medical bills out-of-pocket.
Valuing Your Spinal Injury Claim
A Riverside spine injury lawyer from Dickson, Kohan & Bablove, LLP can maximize the value of your injury claim by factoring in every impact that your back injury has had on your life. We can review any settlement offers and advise you as to whether they are fair. If going to court becomes necessary, we can represent you throughout your case.
Just be certain to contact our office and file your personal injury lawsuit within two years of being injured so that you do not reach California’s statute of limitations.
Speak with a Riverside Spine Injury Lawyer
Whether you have suffered a mild back injury or full paralysis, you need the help of an experienced Riverside spine injury lawyer.
To get help with your case, call Dickson, Kohan & Bablove, LLP at 1-844-404-2400 or complete our contact form below.