Riverside Truck Accident Lawyer
Accidents involving large trucks are extremely dangerous situations for drivers of passenger vehicles to be involved in. Tractor-trailers are far larger and heavier than the average car, making serious injuries and extensive damages all but guaranteed.
With a 21 percent increase in 18-wheeler accidents, there is a greater chance that you or someone you know will be injured in one of these unfortunate events. If you are, you will need the assistance of a Riverside truck accident lawyer from Dickson, Kohan & Bablove, LLP to ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive financial compensation for your injuries and damages.
Don’t Pay for Medical Care
Even if you do not have medical insurance or your insurance does not provide sufficient coverage, you should still be able to go to the doctor and have your injuries attended to after a truck accident caused by another driver.
As your attorneys, we can ensure that you receive all the necessary treatments that your doctor has recommended, and that you do not have to pay for it out-of-pocket. If the insurance company has already denied some of your care, let us know and we can start the process of negotiating with them or filing a lawsuit on your behalf.
Seeking Financial Compensation
We can help you seek compensation to pay for any financial losses associated with your accident and injuries by proving that the semi-truck driver was negligent. Any expenses related to your truck accident should be compensated by the at-fault party:
- Repairs to your vehicle
- Physical therapy
- Medical care (current and ongoing)
- Lost income and wages
- Cost of hiring people to help you while you recover
If your injuries were severe and led to a partial or full disability, you could also qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) payments. This is handled separately from your lawsuit, and we can assist you throughout the qualification process.
Filing a Lawsuit After a Truck Accident
If the insurance company is unwilling to pay for all of your care, you may need to file a lawsuit in order to receive compensation. Working with our firm will allow us to provide you with counsel throughout this process and handle many of these steps for you:
- Gather Evidence – We will need to review the details of your case and gather evidence to prove that the truck driver was negligent. This is critical for receiving financial compensation.
- Conduct Discovery – Through the discovery process, we can uncover more details about both the accident and the driver who hit you. This will better prepare us for your eventual trial.
- Calculate the Value of Your Claim – By reviewing your medical file, determining the impact of your injuries, calculating your lost wages, and accounting for any other financial losses you have suffered, we can assess the value of your claim. How much you receive will be determined in court.
- File Any Necessary Motions – It may be necessary to file motions prior to going to trial. When filing a motion, we will address one specific issue, such as making sure you can receive coverage for a necessary medical procedure.
- Go to Court – If the insurance company has not agreed to settle by this point, we will go to court, present our evidence, and make a strong case for why you deserve financial compensation.
Speak with a Riverside 18-wheeler Accident Lawyer
Our attorneys can answer your questions, let you know if you have a case, and determine its potential. A truck accident can leave you injured, without a vehicle, and in serious debt. Begin the process that will get you the compensation you require to pick up the pieces by contacting Dickson, Kohan & Bablove, LLP.
To schedule a consultation with a Riverside truck accident lawyer, either fill out the form at the bottom of this page or call us at 1-844-404-2400.