Murrieta Truck Accident Lawyer
If you’re considering filing a claim for compensation, team up with a Murrieta 18-wheeler accident lawyer.
As a motorist, sharing the road with an 18-wheeler or semi-truck is scary. These machines are powerful and enormous, creating significant risks for other drivers if they get into a crash. If you were involved in an accident of this type, you’re likely suffering from extensive medical bills and extreme injuries.
No matter how bleak your options may seem now, there are ways to help make your life better. With the help of a Murrieta truck accident lawyer from Dickson Kohan & Bablove, LLP, you can file a claim for compensation against the truck driver or trucking company. Doing so could provide you with the compensation you need to manage the fallout of your crash.
Common Causes of 18-Wheeler Accidents in Murrieta
Determining the cause of your Murrieta semi-truck crash will play a pivotal role in determining which party you and your truck accident lawyer should name in your claim. Typically, these parties include the truck driver, the driver’s employer, the owner of the truck, or the manufacturer of the truck.
Some common causes of 18-wheeler accidents include the following:
- Driver Error – Driver error can refer to a number of potential actions performed by the trucker. For example, the driver might have exceeded his or her legally permitted length of driving time and then fallen asleep at the wheel. Or he or she might have been texting while driving.
- Improper Training – Maneuvering a semi-truck takes precision, skill, and experience. That’s why it’s crucial that employers provide truck drivers with proper training and education before sending them onto the road. If they are not given such training, and they cause an accident as a result, you may have a right to file a suit against the employer.
- Malfunctioning Parts – In some cases, accidents occur because there was an issue with the mechanics of one of the involved vehicles. This may refer to failing brakes, engine issues, and more. Manufacturers are usually held responsible for accidents caused by defective parts.
Proving the Trucker’s Liability
Once the cause of your accident has been determined, your truck accident lawyer in Murrieta will be tasked with collecting the necessary evidence to prove the value of your claim and the liability of the other party.
This is an important step because the insurance company will likely be looking for any reason to decrease or withhold your compensation. Having solid evidence is the best way to prove why you deserve compensation.
Some evidence your attorney may collect includes the following:
- The police report that was filed on the scene at the time of your truck accident
- Photographs taken immediately after the crash of both the damage and any injuries you sustained
- Medical documents and analyses from your healthcare provider
- Witness statements from those who saw the crash
- The trucker’s cell phone records
- Video footage from any nearby video cameras that caught the accident
Work with a Murrieta Semi-Truck Accident Attorney
If you were injured in an accident involving an 18-wheeler or semi-truck, Dickson Kohan & Bablove, LLP would like to offer you our assistance, experience, and dedication.
Contact a Murrieta truck accident lawyer today to find out how we can help you recover compensation to manage your damages. To get in touch with us, give us a call at 1-844-404-2400 or fill out our online contact form, which you can find at the bottom of this page.