Newport Beach Personal Injury Lawyer
An injury won’t just hurt you physically—it will also drain your finances and diminish your quality of life. You deserve compensation from the at-fault party who hurt you, and a Newport Beach injury lawyer can help you get it.
Accidents happen, but when you suffer a serious injury due to someone else’s negligence, you deserve justice, and the at-fault party deserves to be held accountable. The problem comes with trying to force an insurance company or negligent party to follow through on this obligation to you.
This is when you may need a Newport Beach personal injury lawyer in your corner. At Kohan & Bablove, LLP, we’ll work tirelessly to get the compensation you need to maintain a stable and happy life.
Types of Personal Injury Claims and Their Causes
Accidents and the legal cases they produce fall into a variety of categories. Each one has its own quirks and rules that raise challenges for victims. Knowing what caused your accident will help us determine who holds the blame, which is essential to winning your case.
Newport Beach personal injury cases we handle often include the following accident types:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – These are often due to mechanical failures, road hazards, construction equipment, and distracted, drowsy, drunk, or drugged drivers.
- Product Liability – This category covers any product that injures you—despite correct use—due to design, manufacturing, or marketing defects.
- Premises Liability – When you’re injured on someone else’s property due to negligence, including accidents involving slip-and-falls, dog bites, and unsecured pools, you can hold the property owner financially accountable.
- Construction and Work Injuries – Injuries on the job usually fall under workers compensation, but when a third party other than your employer is at fault, we may be able to pursue personal injury compensation.
- Nursing Home Negligence or Abuse – Those who would take advantage of our most vulnerable family members should be held accountable in both civil and criminal court. Your personal injury lawyer in Newport Beach can help with your civil case.
Who’s At Fault?
Each of the above accidents could be the fault of an individual or corporation, and asking for a fair amount of compensation from the right groups is important. Naming all the at-fault parties in your injury claim gives us a better shot at maximizing your compensation.
At-fault people or companies in your Newport Beach personal injury claim may include the following:
- Motor vehicle drivers
- Maintenance personnel
- Government agencies
- Construction companies
- Safety inspectors
A serious injury can involve just your head or many parts of your body. Your Newport Beach injury attorney will work hand in hand with your doctors to verify and prove the extent of each of your injuries. Injuries to the head, face, neck, back, spine, and internal organs tend to be particularly severe.
The following are some common injuries that spark claims for compensation:
- Broken bones
- Severe burns
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Traumatic brain injuries
Compensation for Your Injuries in Newport Beach
The goal of a personal injury lawsuit is to have the at-fault parties attempt to make you whole through monetary compensation for your economic damages and non-economic damages. We need to show the court proof of every injury you endured due to the accident the at-fault party caused.
Your personal injury attorney in Newport Beach will use knowledge, experience, and the evidence to maximize the compensation you receive for the following economic damages:
- All medical expenses
- Income loss
- Disability accommodations
- Property damage
- Wrongful death
We’ll also work aggressively to maximize the compensation you receive for non-economic damages, which may include the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium, society, and companionship
California Laws to Know as You Seek Compensation
The following are a few laws to keep in mind as you build your Newport Beach personal injury claim:
Dog bite cases in California usually follow strict liability, meaning that, regardless of the dog’s history, the owner is liable for any damage caused by a bite occuring in a public place or when lawfully on private property.
Statute of Limitations
Under California law, you only have two years to acquire all of your evidence and begin a personal injury claim. However, if you are going to name a government agency in your Newport Beach injury claim, you will only have six months to file in most cases.
California follows comparative negligence rules, which allow you to receive compensation as long as another party holds some of the blame. However, your portion of the blame will reduce your compensation accordingly. For instance, if you’re awarded $100,000 but are found 40 percent to blame, you’ll only get $60,000.
Call a Newport Beach Personal Injury Attorney
Schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with a Newport Beach personal injury lawyer at Kohan & Bablove, LLP by calling 1-844-404-2400 or filling out the online contact form at the bottom of this page.