Nicholas P. Kohan
Nicholas P. Kohan spent the first 10 years of his career being hired by large corporations, Fortune 500 companies and insurance companies to protect their interests against claims made by individuals and businesses who were allegedly hurt. These companies hired Nick for his trial skills, attention to detail and outside the box thinking that saved the companies millions of dollars. Time and time again, Nick’s efforts resulted in total success – either an outright win for the defense at trial or the payout of settlements which were pennies to the dollar sought by those who brought the claim. With the creation of Dickson Kohan & Bablove LLP, Nick is now able to use his skill, expertise and knowledge of the insurance industry and risk management departments to help individuals achieve maximum compensation for their injuries. Clients and opposing counsel alike have lauded Nick’s trial skills, work ethic, legal strategy and professionalism. Nick’s fellow lawyers rated him as AV Preeminent with the nationally regarded Martindale-Hubbell directory.
Nick was born and raised in Orange County. Prior to law school, Nick attended Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, where he majored in Applied Economics and was a McVoy Scholar. Nick attended law school on a Dean’s Admission scholarship, served as Editor of the Law Review and a Teaching Assistant. Nick lives in Newport Beach with his wife and two children. When not working or spending time with his family, Nick enjoys playing golf and cheering for the Angels.
- Cornell University, B.S. 2003
- Whitter Law School, J.D. 2007
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
- Avvo “10 out of 10” Top-Rated Personal Injury Attorney
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorney Association of Los Angeles.
- Cornell University Alumni Association Board of Directors (Past)
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury