Can I Sue if I’m Hit by a Drunk Driver?

I was referred to Jesse from my chiropractor after he reccomended I give him a call a couple of times. I was nervous to call an attorney, but so glad I did! Jesse Bablove handled everything while also ensuring I received any aftercare I needed to recover from the accident! Recognize your value and worth and give them a call. Thank you guys for going above and beyond!

Melanie Tydingco

Mr. Bablove managed to help me receive the maximum payout possible from my auto accident. He was very responsive and made sure I got every bit of medical attention I needed. He’s a good guy, I would highly recommend him.

Jeff Renfro

Upon being referred to the guys at Kohan & Bablove Injury Attorneys, I spoke with Jesse about my case, and from the get go he was super hands on and a genuine guy who treats you like family and cares for the well being of his clients. I would definitely recommend Jesse and his team to one of my friends or family members!

jared batson

If you’ve been struck by a drunk driver, you may have suffered devastating injuries and trauma because of the car accident. Many car accident victims struggle to return to their lives after such a serious injury. You may have even lost a loved one because of the dangerous negligence of the other driver.

But can you sue if you’re hit by a drunk driver? Suing is possible, but it’s easier with the help of a lawyer from Kohan & Bablove Injury Attorneys. Our lawyers can make it easy for you to seek compensation when you’re hurt, so you can spend less time thinking about your lawsuit, and more time thinking about the closure and justice your family needs.

Criminal vs. Civil Cases

After you were hurt by a drunk driver, you may have noticed they were arrested for their actions. You may have even been involved or seen their trial for driving under the influence. But you may not have received any money, even if they were found guilty.

That’s because California criminal cases and civil claims are different systems. Luckily, that means you may still be eligible for compensation. Reach out to your lawyer about proving you were injured and that the other driver was at fault.

Compensation for Drunk Driving Accident Victims

Drunk driving accidents can be expensive, painful, and traumatic. That’s why it’s important to know what your claim is worth and how to calculate your claim before you go to court.

You may be due compensation for your economic damages or the financial impact of your car accident. For example, you may have hospital bills you shouldn’t have to pay, lost income while you’re unable to work, and the costs of your car repairs after the accident.

But these damages may be easier to calculate than your non-economic damages. These damages cover the costs of your mental and emotional damages following a serious injury. These damages are even more difficult to calculate, so speak with a lawyer about the exact value of your claim.

What If I Was Partly at Fault?

While many accidents are caused by mistakes on the side of both parties, admitting you were partly responsible can have negative consequences for your claim.

Your claim may be reduced if you’re found partially at fault for your injuries. For example, you may have been due $65,000, but you were found 15 percent at fault because you were texting. If your compensation is reduced, you’ll only receive $55,250. That may leave you paying out of pocket for some of your damages, so reach out to your lawyer to learn more about protecting your claim.

Contact Your Drunk Driving Lawyer for Help

When you’re hurt by a drunk driver, you may need the right tools to overcome the suffering and injuries you’ve sustained. But suing can be difficult without help.

At Kohan & Bablove Injury Attorneys, we understand that you’re in a difficult position, and we know suing when you’re hurt by a drunk driver can feel impossible. That’s why we offer free consultations—we can discuss how we’ll tackle your claim and what we can do for you. To prepare for your free consultation, call 1-844-404-2400 or fill out the following online contact form.