Newport Beach Car Accident Lawyer
If you were recently involved in an auto crash, you’re probably hurt and in need of financial compensation. A Newport Beach car crash lawyer can help you determine both what your claim is worth and how to go about pursuing it.
Any motor vehicle accident can ruin a perfectly good day, especially if you endure a serious injury. Whether your accident occurs on West Coast Highway or MacArthur Boulevard, you’ll likely want a Newport Beach car accident lawyer to help you through a resulting personal injury lawsuit.
The attorneys at Kohan & Bablove, LLP have the knowledge, experience, and work ethic to handle your case with the care and attention it deserves. We won’t back down until we’ve won you the compensation you deserve.
Finding the Cause Reveals Who’s to Blame
To figure out who you should name in your claim for compensation, we have to delve deep and find the cause of your accident. Without connecting the cause to one party or more, we won’t be able to file your claim—let alone win.
A thorough review of the evidence will give your car accident lawyer in Newport Beach the information necessary to accomplish this task. Common crash causes include the following:
- Unsafe road conditions, traffic light defects, concealed stop signs, and deep shoulders or potholes
- Junk falling off of other vehicles or already in the road
- Distracted, drugged, drunk, and drowsy drivers
- Tailgating, speeding, improper passing, running red lights or stop signs, and other unsafe driving behaviors
- Construction zone failures like equipment left in the road, lanes too narrow for vehicles, or spotlights in drivers’ eyes
- Mechanic or installer negligence
- Design or manufacture defects in vehicles or parts, such as top-heavy vehicles, blown tires, bad brakes, or brake light failures
Your Newport Beach car crash attorney will dig into every aspect of your auto wreck. This includes the histories of the other drivers and their vehicles, the quality of the road, and even government conduct in construction zones.
Sometimes, it’s clear that only the person who hit you is to blame, but the situation can easily become more complicated and involve multiple at-fault parties. Those to blame for your accident may include the following:
- Maintenance personnel
- Vehicle manufacturers
- Part manufacturers
- Part installers
- Other businesses
- Government entities
- Construction companies
- Safety inspectors
Injuries in Newport Beach Car Crashes
Speed will usually determine the severity of your injuries. Sometimes, though, a person can walk away from a high-speed, head-on collision that crumpled his or her car, while someone who was rear-ended can suffer crippling whiplash. We’ll work with your doctors to identify all of your injuries and the impacts they’ll have.
The following are some of the injuries commonly reported in Newport Beach car accidents:
- Head and facial injuries, causing vision, hearing, and speaking complications, disfigurement, or traumatic brain injuries
- Neck, back, spine, and spinal cord injuries, leading to paralysis, chronic nerve pain, numbness, or mobility restrictions
- Broken bones, leading to amputations or permanent mobility problems
- Severe burns from a flaming vehicle or spilled chemicals, which can cause permanent disfigurement
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Maximizing Your Compensation
To maximize your compensation, we’ll have to clearly link every damage you’ve suffered to the accident. Your damages will generally fall into two categories: economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages usually involve the following:
- All current and predicted medical expenses and income loss
- Disability accommodations made to your car, home, and workplace
- Property damage
Non-economic damages may involve the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental trauma
- Loss of consortium
If a loved one died in a car accident because of someone else’s negligence, you may be able to pursue wrongful death compensation. And if the at-fault party’s behavior was particularly egregious, you may be eligible for punitive damages. Your attorney can determine whether you’re eligible for punitive damages.
How to Handle Dishonest Insurers
Insurance companies only care about their bottom line and will use California laws like comparative negligence to minimize any compensation they’re obligated to provide. This will deduct an amount proportional to your part in the accident from your compensation. If you’re found to be 10 percent at fault and were originally awarded $100,000, then you’d only receive $90,000.
Insurers are looking for any reason to deny you the compensation you deserve, but a car accident attorney in Newport Beach can see insurers’ tactics coming from a mile away and will know how to protect your compensation.
Speak with a Newport Beach Car Accident Attorney
Because the statute of limitations is only two years for personal injury lawsuits, it’s important to get in touch with us as soon as possible so we can perform thorough research on your case before filing.
You can schedule a free, no-obligation legal consultation with a Newport Beach car accident lawyer at Kohan & Bablove, LLP by calling us at 1-844-404-2400 or filling out the contact form at the bottom of this page.