Ontario Personal Injury Lawyer
Suffering a catastrophic injury can result in massive medical debt at a time when your wounds make it impossible to work. Get compensation to cover your losses by working with an Ontario personal injury lawyer.
If you’ve been hurt in an accident, whether it involved a car crash, a dog bite, or something else, the last thing you want to worry about is handling logistics like legal and financial issues. That’s why it’s important to understand whether a personal injury claim is the right course of action for your unique case. Seeking compensation can help you cover costs associated with medical bills, leave from work, as well as all the indirect ways an injury can compromise your day-to-day living.
If you think that you’re entitled to a settlement from your accident, make sure that you’re seeking out comprehensive compensation. An Ontario personal injury lawyer at Dickson Kohan & Bablove, LLP can work with you to find the full-service solution that matches the needs of your specific case.
Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
It may be in your best interests to hire a personal injury attorney if you’ve been injured in an accident in which someone else is at fault. The strength of your case largely rests on your level of responsibility for what happened. If it can be proven that another person is at fault for the accident, you have grounds for a claim.
Here are a few specific situations where you’d want to connect with an Ontario personal injury lawyer from our firm:
- Your Injuries Are Serious – Especially if your accident renders you unable to work and earn a living, filing a claim can help you protect your pockets from the long-term impact of an accident.
- Negotiation Skills Are Needed – Filing a claim is part of the process, but the needle should land at a number that’s ultimately fair for you. No matter how helpful an insurance adjuster seems, his or her goal is ultimately to pay you as little as possible. It’s smart to team up with a professional who knows the ins and outs of these procedures.
- It’s Complicated – Even if the cause of your accident seems simple, multiple factors could actually be at play. Because of this, you won’t want to handle your personal injury case on your own. An attorney can help you uncover the complexities of your case before agreeing to a settlement.
- All the Expenses Aren’t Tangible – It may be easy to seek a payout for concrete costs such as leave from employment and expenses associated with medical debt. But the after-effects of an accident also include intangible losses like pain and suffering.
Personal Injury Compensation
According to the Judicial Branch of California, the statute of limitations in our state is two years from the date of injury. For a delayed injury discovered down the road and not right away, that statute is one year from the discovery date. If the scenarios above apply to you and your incident falls within the statute of limitations for filing a claim, your Ontario personal injury lawyer will work with you for a fair and favorable outcome.
This fair settlement amount includes all financial expenses and non-economic damages caused by the accident:
- Medical expenses, current and future
- Leave from work and loss of income
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
Contact an Ontario Serious Injury Lawyer
Don’t spend any more time stressing out about obtaining the settlement you deserve. An Ontario personal injury lawyer at Dickson Kohan & Bablove, LLP is standing by to support you. Call 1-844-404-2400 or complete the contact form below to schedule a free consultation today.