Lake Forest Truck Accident Lawyer
Semi-trucks and 18-wheelers are all over Lake Forest roads, and their drivers aren’t perfect. If a truck driver’s negligence caused an accident that injured you, a Lake Forest truck crash lawyer can get you the compensation you need to recover.
Semi-truck accidents are complicated because more than one party could be to blame for what happened. That’s because the trucking industry is massive and complex. Anyone from the manufacturer of the truck to the person who loaded the cargo to the truck driver could have contributed to your accident.
Naming the right person in your claim is a critical component of getting the compensation you need to recover from your injuries. To make sure you get what you’re owed, enlist the help of a Lake Forest truck accident lawyer with Kohan & Bablove, LLP.
When to Call a Lawyer
You probably know you should call the police and possibly your insurance company when you’ve been in an accident, but you may not know when you need to call a lawyer after you’ve been involved in an 18-wheeler accident.
The following are a few good reasons to call a Lake Forest truck crash lawyer:
- The insurance company is refusing to pay for medical care or a procedure you need.
- The truck driver is denying responsibility.
- You are missing time at work because of your injuries.
- Your injuries are taking a long time to recover from.
A good truck accident injury lawyer will advise you on how to respond to the above situations in the manner that’s most likely to get you the compensation you need. Your lawyer will review what happened in your truck accident, evaluate your claim, and let you know what your legal options are.
Determining the Cause of Your Accident
Because both semi-truck accidents and the trucking industry are big and confusing, it’s important to hire an experienced Lake Forest lawyer who can help you sort through the details. You’ll need to find out exactly who caused your accident in order to receive compensation for your injuries.
Some common causes of truck accidents include the following:
- Inexperienced Drivers – A trucker with limited experience on the road may cause a wreck by taking a corner too quickly or being unsure of how to handle adverse road conditions.
- Distracted Driving – An 18-wheeler driver on a cell phone, eating, or having an animated conversation may be too distracted to pay attention to the road.
- Faulty Parts – Manufacturers sometimes sell defective parts that can cause a wreck when they fail to function properly.
- Driver Fatigue – Being too tired can lead to a wreck, but this isn’t always the trucker’s fault. It could be that the company the trucker works for forced him or her to drive for too long without sleep.
- Other Drivers – In a multi-car accident, the trucker may not be at fault at all. Another driver could be at fault, so we must dissect what happened and assign a level of negligence to each party involved.
Discuss Your Case
To learn more about your legal options, discuss your strategy, and get started with your case, speak with a Lake Forest truck accident lawyer at Kohan & Bablove, LLP. You can reach us by calling 844-404-2400 or filling out our online contact form, which you’ll find at the bottom of this page.