Whom Do I Sue After a Slip-and-Fall Accident?

I was referred to Jesse from my chiropractor after he reccomended I give him a call a couple of times. I was nervous to call an attorney, but so glad I did! Jesse Bablove handled everything while also ensuring I received any aftercare I needed to recover from the accident! Recognize your value and worth and give them a call. Thank you guys for going above and beyond!

Melanie Tydingco

Mr. Bablove managed to help me receive the maximum payout possible from my auto accident. He was very responsive and made sure I got every bit of medical attention I needed. He’s a good guy, I would highly recommend him.

Jeff Renfro

Upon being referred to the guys at Kohan & Bablove Injury Attorneys, I spoke with Jesse about my case, and from the get go he was super hands on and a genuine guy who treats you like family and cares for the well being of his clients. I would definitely recommend Jesse and his team to one of my friends or family members!

jared batson

When you’re hurt in a fall, you may need compensation for the suffering you’ve experienced. But the at-fault party may not be obvious to you right away. You may be unsure where to begin and who to turn to. Unfortunately, that leaves many slip-and-fall victims waiting months longer for their lawsuit and their compensation.

Don’t wait—reach out for a personal injury lawyer at Kohan & Bablove Injury Attorneys. We can help you answer your most important questions, like, “Whom do I sue after a slip-and-fall accident?”

The Property Owner May Be At Fault

Slip-and-fall accidents can be confusing because someone may have caused your accident, but they may not be financially liable for your injuries. For example, you may have fallen because a store clerk failed to warn you about a spill. But that doesn’t always mean they’ll be the one to pay for your injuries.

The fault for an injury on someone’s property is often the property owner’s. Property owners are expected to keep any property safe for guests, with some exceptions. If a property owner failed to fix a slippery floor, faulty wiring, loose stairs, or other property hazards, they may be held responsible for your fall injuries.

Filing a Slip-and-Fall Lawsuit

Once you know who’s at fault for your injuries, you then can file a lawsuit against them in court. California residents have two years to file a lawsuit. After that, your claim may be dismissed, so it’s important to act now.

But there are other important steps to your lawsuit. For example, when suing the property owner, you may need to gather evidence that you weren’t trespassing and that the property owner was liable for the conditions that caused your fall. Luckily, your lawyer can represent you in court and help you get compensated for your losses.

Learn More About Identifying the At-Fault Party

Your slip-and-fall accident can be difficult to settle. You may have trouble getting compensated, and you may still be asking, “Whom do I sue after a slip-and-fall accident?” Luckily, you can get experience on your side and get those answers.

At Kohan & Bablove Injury Attorneys, we’re here to help you get compensated for your injuries. If you’re struggling to identify the at-fault party for your claim, talk to us for a free consultation. Call 1-844-404-2400, or fill out the online contact form below.