Riverside Burn Injury Lawyer
Burns are serious injuries that require prompt medical care. Whether you were burned in a car crash, a premises liability issue, or some other type of accident, you have the right to file a lawsuit to seek compensation from the party responsible.
To discuss your legal options in detail during a free case evaluation, speak with a Riverside burn injury lawyer from, Kohan & Bablove, LLP.
Types of Burn Injuries
The type and severity of your burns will directly influence the level of medical care your injuries require, whether you can resume working, and whether you sustain any permanent scarring and disfigurement. The more serious your burn, the more compensation you will be entitled to.
- First Degree – The most common type of burn, this level of injury will make your skin red but not blister. Lasting injury is unlikely.
- Second Degree – Your skin will begin to blister, and areas may become thickened. This level is significantly more painful and will diminish your ability to use the affected area.
- Third Degree – The skin becomes leathery, thick, and white when third degree burns are sustained. Most people are hospitalized at this point, and the recovery process may require surgeries and skin grafts.
If you are unable to use part of your body during or after your recovery, you may be entitled to disability payments. A Riverside burn injury lawyer from our office can inform you if your case qualifies and assist you with the process involved.
Recovering from a Burn Injury
The journey to recovery for many burn injuries can be long and arduous, requiring regular doctor visits and even a hospital stay or surgery. Your Riverside burn injury lawyer will work to ensure that your medical bills are paid for, regardless of what is required.
Treatments may include any of the below:
- Cleaning the affected area and removing the dead or burned tissue
- Placing medicated cream on the area and bandaging it
- Antibiotics to prevent an infection from developing and spreading
- Pain medication
- Support with blood circulation
- Reconstructive and plastic surgery
Determining Liability for Your Burn Injury
Before a lawsuit can be filed, we will need to conduct research to determine who was to blame for the accident that led to your burn.
For example, if you were burned due to scalding hot water at a hotel, they may be negligent as they failed to maintain the water temperature at a safe level. If you were injured in an explosion, the property owner or a maintenance company could be at fault, possibly involving some element of premises liability law.
The key is to identify how the accident happened, who caused it, and whether it could have been prevented. A Riverside burn injury lawyer from our firm will have the resources to conduct this level of investigation, and the evidence we gather will be used to build a strong case in your favor.
California Statute of Limitations
You have the right to file a lawsuit and seek financial compensation, but you must do so before exceeding the statute of limitations. In California, this is two years from the date of the accident for personal injury claims.
If you wait longer than two years to file, your case could be thrown out with no decision rendered, and without you receiving any compensation. We can prevent this from happening by filing a lawsuit on your behalf right away, even if you are not yet fully recovered.
Your Riverside burn injury lawyer will handle the legal details on your behalf, including any pretrial settlement negotiations.
You could be entitled to compensation that extends beyond simply having your medical bills covered. A Riverside burn injury lawyer from our office can help you recover any expenses and damages incurred by your burn accident:
- Medical expenses (present and future)
- Rehabilitation costs
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Lost wages due to being unable to work
- Transportation expenses if you cannot drive
- Costs associated with having to hire someone to care for your children or home
- Pain and suffering
- And more
Schedule a Legal Consultation with a California Attorney
Knowing your options is only half the battle. Since each case is unique, you need an individualized game plan for how to proceed with filing your civil lawsuit, what is needed for a successful outcome, and what steps will be involved in the process.
When you speak with a Riverside burn injury lawyer from, Kohan & Bablove, LLP, this is the type of information you will receive. You can schedule your free consultation by calling 1-844-404-2400 or completing the contact form below.