Who Do I Sue After a Car Accident?

I was referred to Jesse from my chiropractor after he reccomended I give him a call a couple of times. I was nervous to call an attorney, but so glad I did! Jesse Bablove handled everything while also ensuring I received any aftercare I needed to recover from the accident! Recognize your value and worth and give them a call. Thank you guys for going above and beyond!

Melanie Tydingco

Mr. Bablove managed to help me receive the maximum payout possible from my auto accident. He was very responsive and made sure I got every bit of medical attention I needed. He’s a good guy, I would highly recommend him.

Jeff Renfro

Upon being referred to the guys at Kohan & Bablove Injury Attorneys, I spoke with Jesse about my case, and from the get go he was super hands on and a genuine guy who treats you like family and cares for the well being of his clients. I would definitely recommend Jesse and his team to one of my friends or family members!

jared batson

After a serious auto accident, you may not know where to turn to get the compensation you need. Handling a lawsuit after an accident can be difficult. Even when the other driver is listed as the one at fault for your accident, you may need more information when you’re filing.

One of the most important things to know is who you’re supposed to sue after your car accident. Unfortunately, the answer is often complicated, depending on who the other driver is. With our firm on your side, however, you can get on the right track to compensation.

Suing the Other Driver

In most car accident cases, the other driver will be an individual who was careless behind the wheel. In this case, finding fault for your accident is often as simple as that. If the other driver caused the accident, he or she is likely the correct party to sue.

California is a fault state for insurance, after all. For any accident between two vehicles, one person usually holds the majority of the fault. While few accidents are completely one driver’s fault, the other driver in your case is likely responsible for handling the damages for the accident.

When you begin filing your claim, be sure to get copies of any accident reports that back this up. It’s important to gather as much evidence as possible before you ever file your claim.

Other Parties to Sue After a Car Accident

While the other driver is most likely going to be the defendant in your case, some car accidents are the fault of various other parties. Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may need to sue the following parties after your car accident:

  • Manufacturers of defective vehicle parts
  • Government road authorities that failed to maintain safe roads
  • Construction companies that created road hazards at roadside construction sites

Getting Help for Your Accident

Auto wrecks can be scary, and the aftermath can be confusing when you’re trying to figure out who to sue after a car accident.

If you’re not certain about who should be held responsible for your accident, don’t guess or leave it to chance. A car accident lawyer at Kohan & Bablove, Injury Attorneys can get you the answers you need. If you have questions about what we can do for you, just give us a call at 1-844-404-2400 or fill out our online contact form below.