Riverside Public Transportation Accident Lawyer
Public transportation accidents can leave you injured and unsure of which at-fault party to name in your claim for compensation. But a Riverside public transit accident lawyer can help.
There are many reasons to choose public transportation over driving yourself. You may be motivated to make a “green” choice; you may choose public transport for economic reasons; or you may simply enjoy not being the one behind the wheel.
Whatever your reasons for choosing public transportation, you expect your bus, train, Lyft, Uber, or taxi driver to take you safely to your destination. Unfortunately, accidents still happen in public transportation vehicles. If you’ve been injured in a public transportation accident, the results can be disastrous.
A Riverside public transportation accident lawyer with Kohan & Bablove, LLP will work with you to hold negligent public transportation drivers and officials accountable so you can win the compensation you’re owed.
Types of Public Transportation Accidents
There are many options for public transportation. No matter which mode of transportation was involved in your accident, you will be obligated to prove negligence in order to win compensation.
Examples of public transportation accidents in Riverside include the following:
- Buses – Bus drivers are subject to the common carrier law, which means they are held to higher standards than regular drivers. One example of this is that bus drivers may not talk with their passengers. Doing so could display negligence and prove the bus driver liable in the event of an accident.
- Uber and Lyft – Uber and Lyft drivers carry insurance policies worth $1 million. To file a claim against an Uber or Lyft driver, the driver must have been on duty at the time of the accident—either matched with a customer via the app or en route to pick up that customer.
- Taxis – An accident in a taxicab could implicate one or several parties. Possible negligent parties include the driver, the driver of another vehicle, the Riverside taxi company, or a parts manufacturer for the vehicle involved.
- Trains – Train operators are subject to the same common carrier standards as bus drivers. Derailments, collisions, and other train accidents can be catastrophic when a large, powerful train is involved. And railroad deaths increased by 6 percent in 2013.
What’s the Value of Your Claim?
No matter who was driving, a Riverside public transportation accident can be a terrifying experience that leaves you physically, emotionally, and financially vulnerable for years to come. Facing these challenges when the accident was caused by the negligence of another driver or third party who was entrusted with your safe transport can be an especially tough pill to swallow.
A qualified Riverside public transit accident attorney will understand all the negative effects an accident can have on your life. Your attorney will fight to get you compensation that accounts for all of the hardships you may be facing, including the following:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages and inability to work
- Physical therapy
- Emotional therapy
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
Contact a Riverside Public Transportation Accident Attorney
A public transportation accident can leave you reeling. While the results of your accident cannot be changed, an attorney with Kohan & Bablove, LLP will work to get you full and fair compensation and help restore a measure of your financial peace.
Get in touch with a Riverside public transportation accident lawyer by calling 1-844-404-2400 or using the online contact form. Your initial consultation is free.