Car Accident Common Causes
At DKB Lawyers, we represent victims of car crashes. Most of the car accident common causes can be fairly innocent. Something like turning around to talk to your kids can suddenly result in a terrible crash. Still, by being aware of what many car accident common causes are, you can better prepare and plan for how to protect yourself.
Here Are Some Car Accident Common Causes
- Distracted Driving – When it comes to car accident common causes, the number of distracted driving accidents is growing at the most rapid pace. Many people are distracted due to talking on a phone, texting, doing makeup, eating, listening to loud music, speaking with other passengers, etc. If you see a driver holding their phone or clearly doing another activity, this is someone you should pay extra attention to and try to avoid.
- Drunk Driving – Driving while intoxicated can lead to serious accidents and death. As for car accident common causes this is one that has been declining due to serious intervention and law enforcement efforts. Still, if you see someone swerving or constantly changing speeds, this could be a sign that they are intoxicated and you should avoid them as much as possible.
- Speeding – Not following the basic rules of the road can result in car accidents and at high speeds, these accidents can be deadly. Following the speed limit is an important step in keeping yourself and your family safe.
- Weather – When the weather is bad and there is poor visibility, the likelihood of being in an accident significantly increases. As a result of bad weather, hydroplaning is also a common accident cause. Fortunately, this is an accident type that you can work to avoid. By simply checking the weather report, you can change when you head out and perhaps plan to drive at a later time.
- Road Debris – Potholes, sudden drop offs and even trash on the road can all lead to accidents. Protecting yourself can involve making sure that you have sufficient visibility by keeping your headlights in good working order. Otherwise, pay attention to the road to avoid what you can. If the roads are not in compliance with the law and you end up in an accident, you could have a case against the agency tasked with maintaining them.
Don’t Miss the Deadline
There are many car accident common causes, but the process afterwards remains the same. You should receive medical treatment, gather evidence, hire an attorney, and be sure to file your lawsuit within two years of the accident. Going beyond this deadline can cause your case to be thrown out without a trial. While a simple mistake, it can be a costly one that an experienced lawyer can help you to avoid.
Car Accident Common Causes: Get the Help You Need
If you have been in a car accident, you can’t afford to wait or attempt to deal with it alone. Call us to get answers to all of your questions at 844-404-2400 or contact our office online immediately. DKB lawyers can make sure that your rights are protected.