Orange County Wrongful Death Lawyer
Did your close relative pass away due to injuries caused by another person? An Orange County wrongful death claim lawyer can help you hold the responsible party accountable.
The death of a loved one is one of the most devastating times of your life. Not only have you just lost a person you cared deeply for, but now you’re faced with the uncertainty of how you will support your family now that you are the sole provider.
An Orange County wrongful death lawyer from Dickson Kohan & Bablove, LLP can help you through this emotionally taxing time. We will work efficiently to determine the cause of the accident, who was liable for the deceased’s injuries, and what your wrongful death claim is worth. At a time like this, you shouldn’t have to handle these challenges alone.
Causes of Orange County Wrongful Death Accidents
If you recently lost a relative due to injuries that were caused by the negligence of another, you will likely have a viable wrongful death claim. Some of the most common causes of Orange County wrongful death cases we see include the following:
- Premises Liability Accidents – Property owners, whether they’re commercial or private, must maintain safety on their grounds. When they don’t, and that negligence leads to someone’s death, they can be held accountable in an Orange County wrongful death claim.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – When a negligent driver causes a fatal crash, he or she can be held financially accountable.
- Defective Products – These are products sold with faulty or damaged parts that can inflict fatal injuries on users. Examples include defective airbags and tainted prescription drugs.
This is not an exhaustive list of all accidents that can cause a wrongful death. Speaking with an Orange County wrongful death claim attorney from Dickson Kohan & Bablove, LLP can give you some clarity about the circumstances surrounding the death of your loved one.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim in California?
California has strict rules on who is entitled to wrongful death benefits. Essentially, most immediate family members, including children, a spouse or life partner, and anyone who was being supported by the deceased (a putative spouse, stepchildren, or parents), may file a wrongful death lawsuit.
A good way to determine who in the family should bring forth the claim is to contact a Dickson Kohan & Bablove, LLP wrongful death attorney. We can examine the specifics of your case and advise you accordingly.
The Value of a Wrongful Death Lawsuit
With bills piling up and a funeral service to plan, it can be incredibly difficult to handle life once your loved one has passed away. A few items that can be taken into account when calculating the value of your Orange County wrongful death claim include the following:
- Loss of Companionship and Love – These damages are sought when you are no longer able to experience a family relationship, including affection.
- Funeral and Burial Costs – The expenses of services provided by a funeral home, the cemetery plot, and a headstone fall into this category.
- Medical Bills – This might include hospital bills and other medical expenses the deceased incurred prior to passing away because of his or her injuries.
- Lost Earnings – This may include money placed into a retirement fund, as well as future earning potential. For instance, if your loved one died at age thirty, it would be reasonable to assume that he or she would have another thirty-five years of full-time employment, and you should be compensated for all of that future income your loved one will never have the chance to earn.
As you can see, the value of a wrongful death claim can quickly skyrocket when you begin considering the actual contributions your loved one made in your family life.
Sudden financial crises as a result of a close family member’s death can add unnecessary stress and anxiety during already heartbreaking circumstances. The help of a wrongful death lawyer in Orange County can ease that burden by recovering compensation from the person or people responsible for your loss.
Call an Orange County Wrongful Death Attorney
When you’re grieving the loss of a loved one, your mourning period shouldn’t be disturbed by a painful legal process. At Dickson Kohan & Bablove, LLP, we make it a priority to resolve your case in a timely manner so you can grieve without worrying about financial and legal matters.
To schedule a no-cost case evaluation with an Orange County wrongful death lawyer today, fill out the form below or give us a call at 1-844-404-2400.