Mission Viejo Truck Accident Lawyer
Truckers often face tight deadlines and long hours on the road in order to do their jobs and make their deliveries on time. Most truckers are capable, well-trained, and can get to and from their destination without issue. However, there are times when disastrous accidents happen because of a trucker’s negligence.
A Mission Viejo truck accident lawyer from Dickson Kohan & Bablove, LLP will know how bad it can get when large trucks such as tractor trailers cause accidents on Southern California’s crowded highways. We have fought for clients who were victims of traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, amputation, and more. We have even represented victim’s families who have claimed wrongful death because of a trucking accident.
Investigating a Commercial Trucking Crash
A Mission Viejo truck accident lawyer from will be familiar with investigating different causes of commercial truck accidents, many of which will involve driver negligence as the main cause. There’s no question that being able to drive a truck safely in Southern California can be complex. Truckers are typically trained and skilled, but sometimes that is not always the case, making it essential to investigate your wreck and determine fault.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
Even truck drivers who are experienced and have the proper training can be negligent and get into an accident. There are many potential causes that your Mission Viejo truck accident lawyer will need to consider:
- Lack of Experience or Training – As a means of maximizing profits, some trucking companies may hire truckers who are not as experienced or trained properly.
- Driver Fatigue – This is one of the leading causes of truck accidents nationwide. While there are strict guidelines that dictate how long a truck driver can be behind the wheel during a certain period of time, they are not always followed.
- Impractical Delivery Schedules – Trucking companies make money based on the number of loads their drivers deliver. This can sometimes lead to unrealistic incentives pushing them to move cargo at dangerous rates.
- Overloaded Truck or Unsecured Cargo – Trucks with overloaded and unsecured loads of cargo can endanger truck drivers and other motorists.
- Reckless Driving – Like other drivers, truckers can also be prone to speeding, wrong-lane shifts, or failing to obey traffic signs. When a person operating a heavy truck drives recklessly, the consequences can be especially disastrous for other motorists.
- Driving Under the Influence – Unfortunately, there are truckers who do drive while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, which can be incredibly dangerous. In California, the legal blood alcohol content limit for drivers with commercial licenses is half the limit of other drivers.
Contact a Mission Viejo 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer
Collisions involving commercial trucks have become a serious problem nationwide. In fact, California has the highest number of recorded truck accidents in the last ten years, with the majority of incidents happening on weekdays. While most are not involved in fatal crashes, many do cause injuries and property damage. If you are involved in a truck accident, you can get the help you need to resolve your claim successfully and fairly by working with Dickson Kohan & Bablove, LLP.
To get everything you deserve, contact a Mission Viejo truck accident lawyer from our firm. Reach us to schedule a free consultation by completing the form below or by calling 1-844-404-2400. We will review your case and help you figure out exactly what you are entitled to in terms of compensation.