Newport Beach Slip-and-Fall Lawyer
Slipping and falling is more than just embarrassing—it can lead to serious injuries and tremendous medical debt and lost income. Work with a Newport Beach slip-and-fall lawyer and make sure the negligent property owner compensates you.
If you were injured in a trip-and-fall accident at a store, in a residence, or even on the sidewalk, you may have grounds to seek financial compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. Proving the fault of the property owner isn’t an easy process, however, and getting a fair settlement means knowing what your claim is worth ahead of time.
The insurance company and opposing attorneys that you’ll be up against won’t be interested in helping you answer these questions. This is why working with a Newport Beach slip-and-fall lawyer from Kohan & Bablove, LLP is your best option for getting a comprehensive settlement.
Who Caused Your Trip-and-Fall?
During your free consultation, we will go over all of the details of what happened when you fell. Your Newport Beach slip-and-fall lawyer will ask detailed questions about where you were, what the environment was like, and what caused you to fall.
Your answers will help us to determine if you have a case and who you should sue. Detailed below are just a few of the entities who may have been responsible for your fall injuries:
- Individuals – If your trip-and-fall accident was caused by someone pushing you or you fell on someone’s dangerous property, you may have a case for compensation against them.
- Government Entities – The government must keep their buildings (schools, court houses, etc.) in good repair, and failing to do so may make them liable. Additionally, they have a duty to keep sidewalks and public areas safe.
- Businesses and Corporations – You expect to be in a well-lit and safe environment while shopping, going to the doctor, buying groceries, and so on. When a business does not make the necessary repairs or fails to address hazards, they can be liable for any trip-and-fall accidents that happen on their grounds.
California Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury
California provides a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury claims. This means that if you wait to file and exceed this time constraint, you lose your legal right to sue and could be unable to pursue a settlement to cover your injuries and damages.
This time limit is shorter when the government is the at-fault party, however. In these trip-and-fall cases, you must file notice within just six months. This makes it vital to contact a Newport Beach slip-and-fall lawyer from our firm as soon as possible.
Receiving Compensation for a Slip-and-Fall
To get money for your injuries, we must first prove where your accident took place, who was responsible, and that your injuries caused your losses. Next, we need to determine what your claim is worth by calculating all of your injury-related expenses:
- Emergency and ongoing medical care
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Medication, medical devices, and mobility equipment
- Transportation and caregiver expenses
- The cost to retrofit your home in the event of a disability
- Wage losses from being unable to work
Contact a Newport Beach Trip-and-Fall Lawyer
Proving premises liability in a slip-and-fall accident is no easy task. Getting the compensation your recovery requires means building a convincing case and negotiating a settlement with an insurance company—possibly even going to court.
A Newport Beach slip-and-fall lawyer from Kohan & Bablove, LLP can help you receive the justice and restitution you deserve. Either give us a call at 1-844-404-2400 or complete the form below to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.