Santa Ana Car Accident Lawyer
As unpredictable as car accidents are, the aftermath can be just as uncertain. Determining precisely who or what caused your accident, figuring out how to pay for the resulting expenses, and adjusting to any injuries or disabilities that result can leave you overwhelmed and frustrated.
Working with a knowledgeable Santa Ana car accident lawyer from Dickson, Kohan & Bablove, LLP can bring certainty and a feeling of confidence to this turbulent process. Allowing us to help you determine how to proceed could be the first step on the path to the financial compensation that will enable your recovery.
Discuss Your Case with a Santa Ana Car Accident Lawyer
When you schedule a consultation, we will review the details of your case in depth:
- The Date of the Accident – According to the statute of limitations, your lawsuit must be filed within two years of the accident.
- Who Was Involved in the Crash – We will need whatever information you have on any other drivers, passengers, or witnesses.
- The Details of the Crash – Any information you have regarding what caused the crash, what happened during it, and what happened after will be discussed.
- How the Crash Has Impacted Your Life – We will review the injuries you have suffered, the type of medical care that you are receiving, and what the impact of those injuries has been on your life overall.
This will provide us with some of the initial information we need to make a recommendation as to whether you should sue, how strong your case is, and what the value of your claim may be.
A Lawyer Can Maximize Your Compensation
In any personal injury case, there are specific items that should be taken into consideration when valuing a claim. Without legal experience, it can be difficult to know what is eligible for compensation and how to determine its value.
Working with a Santa Ana car accident lawyer from our office will ensure that everything is taken into account in your final settlement amount:
- The medical bills that you have incurred to date and the expenses you are likely to have in the future
- The expenses associated with changes you have had to make due to your injuries, such as hiring a nanny to help watch your children or a landscaper to mow your lawn
- Money you have lost due to being unable to work full-time, being unable to perform all of your job duties, or missing work while receiving medical care
California determines fault in car accident cases according to comparative negligence, which is one of the most important reasons to hire a Santa Ana car accident lawyer. We will need to prove that the other driver was more responsible for the crash than you were, and that he or she was at least 51 percent or more at fault.
Comparative negligence means that you can both be assigned a portion of the blame and the percentage assigned to you will directly reduce the amount of money you receive. For example, if you are awarded a settlement of $20,000 but are found to be 10 percent at fault, your final settlement amount will instead be $18,000.
Retaining the services of one our attorneys is the best way to go about minimizing the fault assigned to you, thereby maximizing your financial compensation.
An Attorney Can Help if You Are Hit by a Distracted Driver
A Santa Ana car accident lawyer from our office can represent you if you were hit by a distracted driver. The number of drivers using a cell phone while driving or otherwise driving distracted has increased, and this is now one of the leading causes of major car accidents.
If another driver was willfully driving distracted, he or she would be negligent and responsible for your injuries. However, gathering evidence proving the distraction can sometimes be difficult. We can help you find evidence proving what the other driver was focused on at the time of the accident, whether this takes the form of cell phone records or physical evidence present in the other driver’s car.
You May Have a Claim Against the Car Manufacturer
If you were in a single-car accident without an obvious cause, it could be due to something malfunctioning within your vehicle. In this case, you could have a claim against the auto manufacturer. Contact a Santa Ana car accident lawyer from our office if your car did any of the following during your accident:
- Accelerated when it was not supposed to
- Did not break like it should have
- Tipped or rolled over when taking a corner
- Behaved in a manner that was out of the ordinary immediately prior to the crash
Proving a case against an auto manufacturer requires a thorough investigation and time. This is not something that you should attempt on your own, as the manufacturer is all but guaranteed to have an experienced legal team with extensive resources.
Preparing for Court
A Santa Ana car accident lawyer from our office will work diligently to prepare both you and your case for court. This requires extensive due diligence and discovery.
During discovery, we can ask for documents and information to be produced or have questions answered by the other driver. This process is vital to building a thorough case demonstrating the other driver’s fault:
- Gather statements from witnesses
- Access important evidence
- Review police reports and driving records
- Learn more about what the other side will say in court
- Determine what the strengths and weaknesses of both sides’ arguments are
Discovery must be completed in a timely fashion so that we can proceed to court with as much documentation and evidence as possible within the time constraints of the statute of limitations.
Settling with an Insurance Company
Sometimes, an insurance company will offer to settle with you before you ever reach the courthouse. As your Santa Ana car accident lawyer, one of our attorneys will review any settlement offered and make a recommendation regarding whether it is fair and should be accepted.
Keep in mind that some insurance companies are just as willing to go to court and litigate as they are to settle, so there is no guarantee regarding how your case will be resolved. What you can count on, is that hiring one of our experienced injury attorneys is your best chance for reaching a successful outcome to your case.
Call a Santa Ana Car Accident Lawyer
If you were in a crash and have been injured as a result, you need capable legal representation to ensure that your rights are protected, that you receive as much money as possible for your injuries, and that the guilty party is held accountable.
Complete the form at the bottom of this page or call 1-844-404-2400 to speak with a Santa Ana car accident lawyer from Dickson, Kohan & Bablove, LLP.