Westminster Personal Injury Lawyer
A serious injury of any sort could entitle you to compensation if someone else was at fault. Find out how to handle your case by consulting with a Westminster personal injury lawyer.
If you’ve been injured accidentally or intentionally, making the decision to seek legal help isn’t always easy to do. From the moment you contact a Westminster personal injury lawyer from Kohan & Bablove, LLP, our goal will be to show you that you made the right choice. It doesn’t matter what your situation entails; we will treat you with the attention and care you expect. Take that first step toward getting representation and compensation.
Over the years, we have helped injured parties overcome their struggling situations created by negligent companies and individuals, as well as overbearing insurance companies. These typically include hitting one brick wall after another, which at times have left our clients confused and frustrated. Our firm will help you navigate the journey to recovery and work hard to get you justice and a proper settlement.
Personal Injury Claims
Personal injury law allows you to receive compensation when your damages or injuries are caused by someone else’s intentional act or negligence. There are many different types of situations we can help you with:
- Car Accident – These make up more personal injury cases in the United States than any other type of incident. Car accidents happen when one driver isn’t following the rules or driving as carefully as he or she should be. Careless drivers can be held financially responsible for injuries related to this type of accident.
- Medical Malpractice – When a healthcare professional such as a doctor is negligent and fails to provide competent care, a patient can get injured and sue for medical malpractice. These are very complex cases and need a good Westminster personal injury lawyer to sort out the truth from fiction.
- Slip-and-Fall – A common type of personal injury case, slip-and-fall incidents occur when personal or business property owners do not keep their premises safe and free from hazards. These injury claims are typically based on premises liability laws.
- Defamation – This usually occurs as libel or slander, and refers to a person suffering an injury to his or her reputation from untrue statements. As a plaintiff, you must prove that the statement was actually made and that it caused real harm, such as a financial loss.
- Assault, Battery, and Other Intentional Act – Unlike other personal injury claims, intentional acts are not based on negligent or careless accidents but rather on intent. They usually involve a criminal case against the perpetrator. Victims can also file a personal injury suit in civil court and demand compensation for injuries.
Compensatory Damages for Catastrophic Injuries
Personal injuries can affect your finances and many other areas of your life. Damages incurred from these injuries are called compensatory and are awarded to injured plaintiffs to replace what was lost because of the accident. They are meant to make a person whole again.
Compensatory damages common in personal injury cases include the following:
- Medical treatments
- Loss of income
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional distress
- Property loss
- Pain and suffering
A Westminster Serious Injury Lawyer Can Help
When a personal injury incident occurs, a Westminster personal injury lawyer from Kohan & Bablove, LLP can help you collect compensation by filing a claim. Our experienced lawyers regularly negotiate with insurance companies and businesses on behalf of our clients to help reach a reasonable settlement. Schedule a free consultation by calling 1-844-404-2400 or by completing the form below.