Insurance Industry Insiders on Your Side
  • No Hidden Fees Involved
  • No Obligation to Continue Beyond the Case Review
  • Get All Your Legal Questions Answered
No Fees Until You Get Paid
Recent Results
    • $2,000,000 slip-&-fall settlement
      $1,325,000 wrongful death settlement
      $1,582,000 wrongful death settlement
    • $1,300,000 retaliation verdict
      $936,000 class action defective product
      $601,000 bad drug wrongful death
    • $750,000 rideshare car accident settlement
      $750,000 brain injury settlement
      $710,000 rear-end car accident settlement


Car Accident Frequently Asked Questions

We meet with new clients on a regular basis to answer any questions that they may have.  At the law firm of Dickson Kohan & Bablove, we have a great deal of knowledge and expertise when it comes to handling car accident cases and would be happy to provide you with detailed information regarding your case in particular or just accidents in general.  In the meantime, here are some car accident frequently asked questions and our answers to them.

Do I have to report my car accident to the DMV?

There is a form that you must fill out and file, regardless of who caused the accident.  If no one was hurt and the damage was under $750, the form is not required but in most cases, the damage far exceeds that threshold. Make sure that you submit it within ten days so that you are not in violation of this regulation.

When should I speak with the insurance company?

You can speak with your own insurance company right away but should not speak with the other driver’s.  In your conversations, be sure to provide basic details but do not accept fault and if you are not sure about something – say so.  It can take time to understand the full extent of your injuries or the damage to your vehicle so it is unwise to make statements of fact regarding these two issues until some time has passed and you have been treated by a doctor.  For help speaking with the insurance companies, call DKB lawyers today.

Who will pay to repair my car?

This is one of the car accident frequently asked questions we hear the most often.  Car damage can be expensive but your insurance company will typically pay for it.  Once your case is settled, they will be reimbursed by the other agency, so long as the other driver was at fault.

Do I need to hire a personal injury attorney?

It is wise if you do so because of the need to prove negligence. Part of our job is to demonstrate that the other driver was at fault for the crash and that you had very little to do with it.  This requires gathering evidence and researching exactly what happened.  Otherwise, if you are found to be greater than 50 percent at fault, you will not qualify for a financial award.  Additionally, an attorney will ensure that your rights are protected and that you are not taken advantage of by the insurance company.

Can I file a lawsuit if I am still going to the doctor regularly?

Yes, you can file a lawsuit even if you are still receiving medical care.  In fact, you should file within two years of the accident, regardless of whether or not you have recovered.  Otherwise, you will exceed the statute of limitations and your case could be thrown out of court.

How do I get more answers to car accident frequently asked questions?

If you have been in a car accident, you can’t afford to wait or attempt to deal with it alone. Call us at 844-404-2400 or contact our office online immediately.