Riverside Broken Bone Lawyer
A broken bone can be difficult to recover from, in addition to being painful. While on the mend, many people find it difficult—and sometimes impossible—to work, which creates further financial strain.
If you have suffered a broken or fractured bone in an accident caused by someone else, you need help from a Riverside broken bone lawyer from Dickson Kohan & Bablove, LLP. We can ensure that your rights are protected and help you seek compensation for your injuries.
Causes of Broken Bones
You need help from a Riverside broken bone lawyer if you have suffered a broken or fractured bone in one of the following personal injury situations:
- Car accident
- Slip-and-fall accident
- Premises liability accident
- Construction accident
- Pedestrian accident
As long as your broken bone was the result of someone else’s action or failure to act, you can sue for financial compensation.
Types of Broken Bones
If you have broken a bone due to the action or negligence of someone else, hiring a Riverside broken bone lawyer from our firm provides your best opportunity for recovering financial damages. There are several types of fractured bones:
- Displaced Fractures – This is where a bone breaks and moves so that the two pieces are not aligned. If it breaks in more than one place, it may also be referred to as a comminuted fracture.
- Non-Displaced Fractures – In this scenario, the bone breaks but does not move out of alignment.
- Open Break – Here, the bone will protrude through the skin and be at higher risk for infection.
- Closed Break – The bone breaks or fractures but does not pierce the skin.
Naturally, a displaced fracture is the most difficult to heal from, and surgery is sometimes required. The severity of your broken bone will determine how your life is impacted—and therefore how much money you are entitled to.
To have grounds for a personal injury suit, someone else needs to have been responsible for your accident. If you broke a bone because of a mistake you made, there would be no one to blame or sue.
However, if you broke a bone in a motorcycle accident, slip-and-fall accident, or due to someone’s property being in disrepair, we can make a case for negligence and file a lawsuit against the responsible party.
Your Riverside broken bone lawyer will conduct a thorough investigation to determine who was responsible. It is possible you will even be able to name more than one party in your lawsuit. For example, if you were injured walking into a store at the mall, both the property management company and the store could have shared liability.
It is critical that we name all negligent parties in your lawsuit, since once your case is settled, you cannot ask for additional compensation.
Paying for Broken Bone Medical Care
Broken bones can be incredibly painful, require intensive care, and may even require surgery in order to repair. Additionally, you could need physical therapy for months after your bone heals. It’s critical that you receive proper medical care, something your Riverside broken bone lawyer will ensure you have access to.
Financial Compensation for Your Broken Bone
You deserve to be compensated for all of the ways that your injury has impacted both your quality of life and your bank account. While most people simply think of their medical bills, this is usually only a fraction of what you can actually receive damages for.
By hiring a Riverside broken bone lawyer, you can seek compensation for any of the following that apply to your case:
- Lost Income – If you have been unable to work during your recovery or are no longer able to work full time, you should be compensated for your lost wages. This includes future lost wages due to a prolonged recovery.
- Rehabilitation Expenses – Going to physical therapy, requiring medical devices for your recovery, or receiving therapeutic care should also be compensated by the at-fault party.
- Caregiver Expenses – Broken bones can make it difficult to drive, perform duties around the house, care for yourself, and even care for your children. You may need to hire a caregiver to assist you with everyday tasks.
Any expenses that you have incurred as a result of your broken or fractured bone should be paid for, along with any financial losses you have suffered.
A Riverside Broken Bone Lawyer Can Help You
In California, you only have two years to file a personal injury claim before you reach the statute of limitations. This makes it necessary to hire a Riverside broken bone lawyer right away.
The attorneys at Dickson Kohan & Bablove, LLP can assist you. To get started, schedule a free consultation by calling or by submitting the form below.