Insurance Industry Insiders on Your Side
  • No Hidden Fees Involved
  • No Obligation to Continue Beyond the Case Review
  • Get All Your Legal Questions Answered
No Fees Until You Get Paid
Recent Results
    • $2,000,000 slip-&-fall settlement
      $1,325,000 wrongful death settlement
      $1,582,000 wrongful death settlement
    • $1,300,000 retaliation verdict
      $936,000 class action defective product
      $601,000 bad drug wrongful death
    • $750,000 rideshare car accident settlement
      $750,000 brain injury settlement
      $710,000 rear-end car accident settlement


Riverside Personal Injury Frequently Asked Questions

If you have been injured in an accident, Kohan & Bablove, LLP can help you collect financial damages. Prior to visiting us for a consultation, here are some Riverside personal injury frequently asked questions that we hear on a regular basis.

Are there any accident types that a personal injury claim can’t be filed for?

No, although some are more restricted than others. In general, if your accident was caused by the negligence of someone else, you can sue. Workplace accidents and injuries caused by medical malpractice are sometimes more limited, however.

How much time do I have to file a personal injury claim?

In the state of California, there is a statute of limitations that determines how long you have to file a personal injury lawsuit. You must file within two years of the date of the injury, or if you were not aware of the injury immediately, you must file within one year of discovering it.

Can I sue if my injuries were minor?

Yes. If your injuries required medical attention, you can file a lawsuit. This means that pursuing compensation for a sprain or strain is just as valid as suing for a broken bone. The key is that you must have been diagnosed by a doctor and have been negatively affected by your accident.

Can I sue on behalf of my minor child?

Yes. If your son or daughter was injured in an accident, you can file a personal injury lawsuit on the child’s behalf as long as you either have parental rights or are the child’s legal guardian.

I was partially responsible for my accident and injury. Can I still file a personal injury lawsuit?

It depends. If someone else was more at fault than you, you can still sue them. However, the compensation you receive will be reduced by the percentage of fault you are found responsible for.

Is hiring a personal injury attorney expensive?

Personal injury attorneys take cases on contingency, which means that you pay nothing initially. Instead, we collect our compensation as an agreed-upon percentage from your final settlement. If you don’t receive a settlement, you pay nothing.

How much money can I receive for my injuries?

Each case is different but we can place a preliminary value on your claim after a discussion and investigation of your injuries and their effect on your life. A jury may also choose to award punitive damages if malice or truly egregious negligence was involved in your accident.

Contact a Riverside Personal Injury Attorney

It’s not easy to get fairly compensated for an injury or accident, so we encourage you to call our office at 1-844-404-2400 or complete the form below. Schedule a free consultation to go over the details of your case and find out what your best option for compensation is. Call today and get started on the path to the financial award that could pay for your recovery.