Orange County 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer
Orange County roads are home to countless trucks and truck drivers. Unfortunately, that means many truck crashes occur. If you’ve been hurt in one of these accidents, contact an 18-wheeler accident lawyer.
Because of the potential for catastrophic accidents, 18-wheeler drivers and truck manufacturers must do everything in their power to maintain safety on the road. When they fail to do that, they can be held liable for any injuries that result.
As the victim of an 18-wheeler crash, you may be eligible to file a personal injury lawsuit to cover your damages.
To get a qualified legal ally on your side, contact an Orange County 18-wheeler accident lawyer at Kohan & Bablove, LLP. We’ll help you determine whether you have a case and the next steps you should take. Then, we’ll build you the strongest claim possible.
Causes of Orange County Semi-Truck Crashes
The 18-wheeler that caused your crash could be the property of the truck driver or the associated trucking company. The owner of the truck could be the person you name in your claim. And if a manufacturing issue contributed to your accident, you might be able to name the truck manufacturer.
Several factors can cause Orange County 18-wheeler accidents. Each cause can point to various negligent parties, so it’s important to understand exactly what caused your crash.
The following are some common factors that contribute to commercial truck crashes:
- Unsafe Schedules – Many trucking companies offer incentives for drivers to reach their destinations quickly. This can lead to speeding, a negligent behavior that leads to many crashes.
- Driving Drowsy – How long a driver can operate a truck without stopping to rest is regulated by federal rules. When these rules are broken, you may be able to name the trucking company or 18-wheeler driver in your claim.
- Driving Distracted – Whether it’s texting, talking, or eating, distracted driving can easily cause an accident. If the trucker was distracted when your accident occurred, that could prove negligence.
- Unstable Cargo – Defective cargo restraints and careless cargo loaders can lead to truck crashes if the cargo falls off the truck or causes it to tip over. In cases like this, you might be able to pursue compensation from the manufacturer of the defective restraints or the cargo loading team.
- Road Hazards – Certain government agencies are tasked with keeping the roads safe for travel. If a road hazard or roadside construction site caused your Orange County 18-wheeler accident, you might be able to name the responsible government agency or trucking company in your claim.
18-Wheeler Accident Compensation
Your 18-wheeler accident in Orange County may entitle you to a variety of damages. You will want to consider various factors when estimating the value of your claim. Your attorney will help you reach an appropriate claim value.
You may be able to receive compensation for the following damages after your semi-truck crash:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Repairs to your vehicle and the costs of a rental car or replacement vehicle
- Emotional trauma
- Decreased ability to enjoy your life
Connect With an 18-Wheeler Crash Lawyer
When you’re in pain after an 18-wheeler crash, you don’t need to be dealing with the insurance company or the negligent party’s lawyer. But you do need compensation.
Your Orange County 18-wheeler accident lawyer will fight the battle for compensation while you recover. Contact Kohan & Bablove, LLP today at 1-844-404-2400 or fill out the contact form at the bottom of the page to get started.