Riverside Car Accident Lawyer
A Riverside car accident lawyer can help you recover financial compensation after you have been injured in an accident. Whether your injuries include a broken bone, head trauma, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), whiplash, or anything else, you have the right to hold the negligent party accountable for your injuries and the impact they have had on your life.
Doing so sounds easier than it is. The other party and their insurance company may deny responsibility and try to blame you for the accident. Working with a Riverside car accident lawyer can ensure that you are treated fairly and that your case is brought to the most successful conclusion possible.
Recovering from Your Injuries
You should be entitled to as much compensation as you require to recover from your injuries to the fullest extent possible. Either an insurance company or the responsible party should pay for these expenses. Unfortunately, sometimes insurers refuse to cover necessary medical care in order to preserve their bottom line.
If you are being denied coverage for a doctor-recommended surgery or procedure, call Dickson, Kohan & Bablove, LLP to discuss your options with a capable Riverside car accident lawyer. We can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf or file a lawsuit in order to get the approval necessary for the procedure.
Watch Out for Late Symptoms and Delayed Injuries
In many cases, injuries do not manifest themselves immediately. Sometimes things like PTSD can take several months or even years to be properly diagnosed. If you have recently realized that you have an injury or condition as a result of a previous auto accident, speak with a Riverside car accident lawyer to determine how you should proceed.
There is a two-year statute of limitations in the state of California, so once two years have passed, you may be unable to file a lawsuit. This emphasizes just how important it is to seek medical attention right away and to contact an attorney immediately upon realizing that you have a previously undiagnosed or delayed injury.
California Is a Comparative Negligence State
In California, both parties can be assigned a percentage of blame for an accident. After hearing all of the evidence and arguments, the court will determine what percentage of the accident’s cause you were at fault for. Whatever percentage is assigned to you will directly reduce the total financial compensation that you receive by that same amount.
If the total value of your injury claim is $10,000 and the court finds you to be 30 percent negligent, you will only receive $7,000. This makes it necessary to work with a Riverside car accident lawyer that has investigative resources, as we will explore all possible options while gathering evidence to support your case.
Police reports, witness testimony, photographs and camera footage, and any other relevant evidence can all help to demonstrate the other driver’s negligence, thereby allowing you to receive the maximum possible compensation.
Components of Your Injury Case
Our attorneys will take your case every bit as seriously as you do. We will assist you throughout the legal process every step of the way:
- Evidence to Prove Negligence – We will need to gather evidence that demonstrates what happened in your accident and who caused it. This may include video footage of the accident itself, statements from witnesses, accident reports, and more.
- Calculating Your Expenses – Your settlement should take into consideration any expenses related to the accident, such as medical bills, vehicle repairs, making changes to your home or vehicle to accommodate an injury, hiring someone to help you around the house, and any pain and suffering you have had to endure.
- Proving the Long-Term Impact – Your doctor will determine if you will be able to return to work, when you can return, and to what capacity. For example, will you be on light duty, or will you be completely disabled and unable to work at all? The compensation you receive should reflect both the current and long-term impact of your injuries.
Settling with the Insurance Company
It is not always necessary to go to court, and many claims are settled through out-of-court negotiations. With our help, you may be able to reach a fair settlement without ever having to set foot in a courtroom.
Whether this is possible depends on how receptive the insurance company is and whether they make you a fair offer. Sometimes, it is necessary to file a lawsuit in order to get them to take you seriously and put forth a realistic settlement amount.
Long-Term Disability and Social Security
If your injury develops into a long-term disability, you may also qualify for Social Security disability income. This is a process that must be completed outside of your personal injury lawsuit.
Disability income will be necessary to maintaining your accustomed lifestyle if you will be unable to return to work. A Riverside car accident lawyer from our office can provide you with advice on how to proceed with the qualification process and how to challenge any denials you may face.
Benefits of Working with a Riverside Car Accident Lawyer
There are many reasons to work with an attorney from Dickson, Kohan & Bablove, LLP:
- We can ensure that your right to sue is preserved.
- A Riverside car accident lawyer can accurately value your claim and will inform you when the insurance company is making you a lower offer than you are entitled to.
- We can conduct discovery and gather evidence.
- An attorney can make sure that you are fully compensated for all of your injuries and the impact they have had on your life.
- You won’t have to deal with the other driver’s insurance company directly, as we will negotiate on your behalf.
Start the Process Today
Do not wait to seek compensation for your injuries. While you can call an attorney at any time after your accident, the sooner you call, the better. It is much easier to both remember details of the crash and gather evidence from the accident scene immediately after it happens.
Meet with an attorney and file a lawsuit right away so that you do not risk reaching the statute of limitations. To speak with a Riverside car accident lawyer from our office, call 1-844-404-2400 or contact us by submitting the form at the bottom of the page.