Riverside Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal injury cases can take just about any form. Whether the accident was the result of negligence or intent, once you’ve been injured due to someone else’s actions, you can seek financial compensation for the expenses your injury incurs and the hardship you’ll have to endure.
At Dickson, Kohan & Bablove, LLP, our firm has extensive experience dealing with all types of personal injury cases. Retaining a Riverside personal injury lawyer from our office will provide you with sound legal advice and the confidence to see your claim through to a successful conclusion.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
A Riverside personal injury lawyer can assist you if you have been injured in any sort of accident:
- Car accident
- Burn accident
- Truck accident
- Construction accident
- Dog bite
- Any accident where you were hurt due to someone else’s negligence
Find Out if You Have a Case
If you have been in an accident, you’re likely wondering whether you can sue for financial compensation. If the accident was the fault of anyone other than yourself—a business, government agency, other individual or driver, malfunctioning vehicle, or dangerous road—we can file a lawsuit on your behalf.
The key in every personal injury case is to identify the negligent party. In order for you to receive financial compensation, someone else needs to be responsible for at least 51 percent of the fault for what occurred. Examples of negligence are as varied as the accidents themselves:
- Someone driving recklessly
- A business not maintaining their property in accordance with safety standards
- A road not being properly maintained
- Pet owner allowing his or her dog to attack you
- Defective vehicles or tires
When you come in for a consultation, bring whatever information you have that may indicate what caused your accident.
File a Claim with Your Insurance
Working with an insurance company can be intimidating. A Riverside personal injury lawyer from our office can help you file your insurance claim and then deal with the insurance company on your behalf. It won’t be at all necessary for you to handle insurance paperwork or have conversations with a representative from the other driver’s insurance agency.
By allowing us to negotiate for you and look out for your best interests, you are protecting yourself from innocent mistakes that could lead to a reduction in your eventual compensation.
What a Riverside Personal Injury Lawyer Can Do for You
Many people are unsure of how a lawyer can help after an accident. As your personal injury lawyers, we will assist you throughout each step of the legal process:
- Ensure That You Are Treated Fairly – The insurance company will have experienced attorneys representing their interests. As their goal will be decreasing your total compensation, they may give you a low settlement offer. As your Riverside personal injury lawyer, one of our attorneys can make sure you are treated fairly and that the offer you receive is adequate.
- Investigate Your Accident – We will investigate who caused your accident, and how, in order to prove negligence.
- Gather Evidence – Speaking with eyewitnesses, reviewing camera footage and pictures, and acquiring medical records are all necessary steps in gathering evidence that can be used to build a strong case.
- Negotiate with an Insurance Company – We can negotiate with an insurance company on your behalf until either a fair offer is made or a lawsuit becomes necessary.
- File a Lawsuit on Your Behalf – If the insurance company will not pay for all of your medical care, lost wages, and other injury-related expenses, the best way to recover damages will be to file a lawsuit and go to court.
You Deserve Proper Medical Care
After being in an accident, you have the right to receive medical care that can help you reach the maximum recovery possible. This is true whether you have a back injury, a broken bone, or anything else. It is common for insurance companies to deny access to any treatment even remotely expensive:
- Alternative therapies
- Medical procedures
If you are being told that you cannot see a certain doctor or undergo a doctor-recommended procedure, you should speak with a personal injury lawyer from our office. Through the negotiations process or by going to court, we can ensure that you receive the medical care you require in order to recover from your injuries.
Keep in mind that it is not your doctor’s job to ensure that your medical care will be paid for. It’s entirely possible for your medical provider to complete a procedure without realizing that the insurance company will dispute its medical necessity. When this happens, your best option is to speak with an attorney.
Receive Fair Compensation for Your Injuries
A Riverside personal injury lawyer from Dickson, Kohan & Bablove, LLP can help you maximize the value of your injury claim. While most people request money to pay for current and future medical bills, accident victims are often unaware that they can receive additional compensation. As your attorneys, our job is to ensure that you don’t leave any potential compensation on the table.
Calculate Your Lost Wages
Anytime you are unable to maintain your pre-accident work schedule, you could qualify for compensation for lost wages. This could be due to taking time off for medical treatments or because your injuries don’t allow you to work at the same capacity as before the accident.
Request Money for Lifestyle Changes
When you work with a Riverside personal injury lawyer from our office, we will assess how your lifestyle has been impacted by your injuries. For example, if you were injured while riding a motorcycle, you may be physically or mentally unable to continue riding. In scenarios such as these, you can request compensation to purchase a new and safer vehicle.
Retrofitting Your Home
If your injuries were severe enough to require you to purchase new furniture, install a ramp, make your home wheelchair friendly, or anything else to accommodate your injury, you could be entitled to compensation for those modifications.
A Riverside Personal Injury Lawyer Can Represent You in Court
If the insurance company does not give you a fair settlement offer or they are unwilling to pay for various aspects of your medical care, it will become necessary to file a lawsuit.
We will build a strong case for why you deserve compensation and present these facts in court. This will increase your chances of receiving a favorable outcome to your case and ensure that nothing is overlooked.
Get Help with Your Case
Schedule a consultation with a Riverside personal injury lawyer to have all your questions answered. You can discuss your case and get the help you need by calling us today.